*Updated May 21, 2021 - 2:37 PM*
COVID-19 is an active situation that is rapidly evolving. The City of DuPont encourages community members to stay informed by regularly checking:
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Washington State Department of Health
- Washington State Coronavirus Response
- Tacoma – Pierce County Health Department
- Steilacoom Historical School District
Starting April 15th, all adults in WA State aged 16 and up will be eligible for the vaccine.
Find out where you can get the vaccine near you at VaccineLocator.doh.wa.gov.
Already Vaccinated? Check here to see what changes for you
Inslee announces statewide reopening date of June 30 and short-term statewide move to Phase 3
Gov. Jay Inslee today announced that the state is moving toward a statewide June 30 reopening date and that all counties in Washington will move to Phase 3 of the Healthy WA: Roadmap to Recovery reopening plan effective May 18 until June 30.
The City of DuPont is aware of concerns and questions regarding the emergence of the COVID-19 virus. We are working actively as a City to protect our community.
- Mayor’s Local Emergency Proclamation
- Click here to read the Mayor’s Message from March 16, 2020.
- Mayor’s Directive from March 24, 2020 to ask DuPont individuals and families well to STAY HOME, STAY HEALTHY.
- Mayor’s Message to Stay the Course - April 30, 2020 (PDF)
- From the Desk of the Police Chief COVID-19 & "Stay at Home" FAQ
Emergency Policies to Support Citizens
- All utility billing late fees will be waived until the declaration of local emergency is lifted.
- There will be a moratorium on all utility shut-offs for delinquent payment until the declaration of local emergency is lifted.
- Any utility customer unable to pay City utility bills as a result of financial difficulties arising from the COVID 19 pandemic shall be allowed to enter into a deferred payment agreement in compliance with DMC 17.02.080.
Schedule Changes & Closures
- City Hall, Fire Department, and Police Department Lobby Closed to the Public
- Please call City Hall at 253-964-8121. Staff is available and can help you conduct your business over the phone or online.
The City is committed to helping reduce the spread of COVID-19. Currently, the City Hall & Police Department lobby are closed to the public until further notice.
Please call City Hall at 253-964-8121. Staff is available and can help you conduct your business over the phone or online. Certain online payments are available, materials can be mailed in (such as permit applications), and we have a drop box in the City Hall parking lot.
While the Police public lobby is closed until further notice in support of the Governor’s directive on social distancing, the police department is still operating at normal capacity – available 24/7 for emergency and non-emergency calls, (Non-Emergency: 253-287-4455 / Emergency: 9-1-1).
Park Amenities are Open
We urge visitors and park users to practice physical distancing, avoid group gatherings larger than 5, keep it moving to help prevent crowding, stay home if you are sick and follow the most current CDC guidelines.
With your help, City of DuPont parks and trails can remain open for the enjoyment of all!