Small Business Grants
DuPont COVID-19 Small Business Grants
The City has received additional CARES Act funding through the State of Washington. Small businesses that did not apply for the first round are eligible and encouraged to apply.
The City of DuPont will accept applications for grants from Monday, October 12th through Friday, October 16th at 5:00pm. Grants are now closed.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed by Congress and provides fast and direct economic assistance for American workers, families, small businesses, and preserves jobs.
- This is a one-time grant with a maximum amount awarded being $7,000
- Grants help offset the significant, temporary loss of revenue and help pay for expenses such as payroll, business mortgage, rent, and business utilities such as electric, natural gas, water/sewer, garbage, internet, and phone.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit documentation of profit loss and number of owner/employees
- Grants are provided from state-shared CARES Act funding.
What Businesses are Eligible?
This grant is available to businesses that:
- Have 20 employees or less, including the owner
- Have a physical address located in DuPont city limits
- Are active and licensed in the City of DuPont and Washington State
- The business must be currently permitted/licensed, in good standing, by both the City and the State.
- The business must have experienced a loss of income directly related to the effects of COVID-19.
- The business must have been operating for at least one year.
- The Business cannot be owned, partially owned, controlled or involve any type of financial or pecuniary interest or control by a City employee or public official or family member(s) of the same.
How to Apply
- Applications will ONLY be accepted October 12th through October 16th at 5:00pm.
- To submit an application mail it to City Hall using the address below or email Finance Director Carma Oaksmith at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed in order of the postmark date or email date.
How will grants be determined?
- Applications order will be determined by the postmarked date and/or email date.
Questions? Contact Finance Director Carma Oaksmith at firstname.lastname@example.org.