Filing a Claim

Filing A Claim

If you have been injured or your property has been damaged and, in your opinion, you believe the City of DuPont may have a responsibility to you, a completed Standard Tort Claim for Damages form is required for the City to determine its level of responsibility to the claimant. 

For a copy of the claim form, click here. You may also request a copy of the form by emailing the Human Resources/ Risk Management Department at or by phone at (253) 912-5388. Completed claim forms may be returned to: DuPont City Hall (Attn: HR/ Risk Management) at 1700 Civic Drive, DuPont, WA 98327.

Submittal of a Claim for Damages does not guarantee payment by the City or its insurance carriers. An investigation by a Claims Adjuster of the incident will be made to determine if the City has any liability as determined by applicable laws.  You may be contacted by a Claims Adjuster representing the Association of Washington Cities Risk Management Service Agency (AWC-RMSA), which is a municipal corporation of public entities in Washington State that provides liability protection to its members, including the City of DuPont. These investigations will be conducted as expeditiously as possible.

If it is determined that the City has a responsibility to you, the amount of the claim payment is based on the level of City liability; the level of your liability, if any; and the depreciated value (not replacement value) of the property damaged. If you have contacted the City in an emergency, the Public Works crew or other City employees may assist you as a public service. This assistance does not constitute an admission of liability on the part of the City.

Please contact Human Resources/ Risk Management at (253) 912-5388 or by email at if you have specific questions regarding the claims process.