Submit a Request
How do I submit a request for a public record?
You can submit requests by e-mailing, mailing or faxing the Public Records Request Form to the City Clerks' Office at City Hall, 1700 Civic Drive, DuPont, WA 98327. Submit requests by email to the City Clerk here.
You may submit your request on the City of DuPont's Public Records Request form or in another written format that contains the following information:
1. Name of requester;
2. Date of request;
3. Phone, email, and/or address or other contact information of requester;
4. Identification of the public records adequate for the public records officer or designee to locate the records (title and date, if known);
5. Location (department) of the requested records, if known;
6. Whether the requester intends to inspect the records or obtain a copy or scan of the records, at the cost set forth in the Fee Schedule (Section 2.04 of the DuPont Municipal Code) and;
7. Method by which the City should contact the requester.
How will the City respond to my request?
Within five business days of receipt of the request (day one is the first working day after the request is received), the City will do one or more of the following:
1. Make the records available for inspection; or
2. If copies or scans are requested and payment of a deposit for the copies, if any, is made or terms of payment agreed upon, send the copies to the requester; or
3. Provide a reasonable estimate of when records will be available; or
4. If the requestor is unclear or does not sufficiently identify the requested records, request clarification from the requester. Such clarification may be requested and provided by telephone. The Public Records Officer or designee may revise the estimate of when records will be available; or
5. Deny the request.
How much does the City charge for requests?
Please refer to the Service Fees page here.
Adobe Acrobat Reader may be required to view and/or print documents. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.