Adults & Seniors
The City of DuPont Parks & Recreation offers senior programming, events, and activities. Join your friends and neighbors as they participate in activities to enhance their skills, keep fit, and meet others.
Senior Lunch & Movie
Join us for lunch and a movie!
A reminder that transportation is not provided.
Movie choices will be announced either the Wednesday or Thursday before the event.
Seniors: if you'd like to be added to the e-mail list which includes these choices, please reach out to Sean Randall.
Departure is at 11:15 from DuPont City Hall on Tuesday February 6. Movie choices are:
- The Boys in the Boat – About the 1936, underdog, University of Washington rowing team that competed for gold, against the best in the world, in the Berlin Summer Olympics. Rotten Tomato Score- 57%, 97% Audience Score. 7.0/10 IMDB.
- The Beekeeper – One man’s brutal campaign for vengeance takes on national stakes after he is revealed to be a formal operative of a powerful organization know as “Beekeepers”. Rotten Tomato Score- 70%, 92% Audience Score. 6.6/10 IMDB.
- Argylle- The reclusive author of a series of best-selling espionage novels whose idea of bliss is a night at home with her computer and her cat. But when the plots of her fictional books which center on secret agent Argylle and his mission to unravel a global spy syndicate begin to mirror the covert actions of a real-life spy organization, quiet evenings at home become a thing of the past. Rotton Tomato Score- 36% No Audience Score. 6.4/10 IMDB
- Scrambled- A quintessential eternal bridesmaid constantly finds herself between weddings, baby showers and bad dates. When she begins to feel like her clock is ticking she decides to freeze her eggs, setting her on an empowering journey to a brave new world where she ultimately discovers “the one” she’s been looking for might be herself. Rotton Tomato Score- 86% No Audience Score. No IMDB Score.
- Anyone But You- Edgy comedy about a what appear to be a perfect couple after an amazing first date where something happens that turns their fiery hot attraction ice cold. Things change when they find themselves unexpectedly thrust together at a destination wedding so they pretend to be a couple. Rotton Tomato Score- 51% Audience Score 87%. 6.7/10 IMDB
- Wonka- Journey into the “Pure Imagination” and the origin of Willy Wonka, the famed Chocolatier created in Roald Dahl’s classic children’s book “Charlie & The Chocolate Factory”. Rotten Tomato Score- 83%, Audience Score- 91%. 7.2/10 IMDB.
- Poor Things- 11 Oscar Nominations. The incredible tale and fantastical evolution of Bella Baxter, a young woman brought back to life by the brilliant and unorthodox scientist Dr. Godwin Baxter. Under his protection, Bella is eager to learn. Hungry for the worldliness she is lacking, she runs off with a slick and debauched lawyer on a whirlwind adventure across the continents. Free from the prejudices of her times, Bella grows steadfast in her purpose to stand for equality and liberation. Rotton Tomato Score- 93% Audience Score 80%. 8.4/10 IMDB
- Oppenheimer- Winner of 5 Golden Globes, 13 Oscar Nominations. Thrust into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it. If you haven’t seen this, I highly recommend it. Rotton Tomato Score- 93% Audience Score 91%. 8.5/10 IMDB
New Years Senior Luncheon
January 26, 2024 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Celebrate the New Year with us! Join us for lunch, warm by drink and new friendships!
Reservations for the event are no longer being accepted. The event is full. We look forward to seeing everyone who RSVPed!
DuPont Community Center - 303 Barksdale Ave. DuPont WA. 98327.
DuPont Historical Society Membership Invite
Why? To promote and preserve the history of DuPont and Puget Sound region.
What? Learn from our history to prepare for the future.
How? Become a part of the Historical Society team. Volunteer at the museum and events. Help fund the DuPont Historical Society.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-964-2399.