Crime Bash 2019
The 2019 Crime Bash was a “smashing” success! Thank you to the citizens of DuPont, and all those who attended to show their support for continued positive police-community relationships in DuPont.
The focus of this year’s event was your police department’s strength in public safety partnerships. Traditionally, National Night Out is held the first Tuesday in August. This year, because Team DPD wanted to showcase our regional law enforcement relationships, we partnered with DuPont’s Parks and Recreation Department during the Concert in the Park series, for a cost saving mutually beneficial event.
If individual villages or neighborhoods would like to hold their own National Night Out block party on August 6th and have DuPont Police represented, please contact us with your request and how you would like us to participate, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A very special thanks to last night’s supporters:
• Amy Walker and her staff at the Parks and Recreation Department
• Gus Lim and his staff at the Public Works Department
• DuPont Lions Club
• McNamara’s Restaurant
• Northwest Landing ROA
Public Safety Participants:
• DuPont Fire Department
• 504th Military Police Battalion, JBLM, U.S. Army
• Federal Bureau of Investigations, FBI Seattle Field Office and SWAT
• Washington State Patrol, SWAT, CID UAV and District One
• Port of Seattle Police Department Bomb Disposal Unit and K9 Unit
• Steilacoom Department of Public Safety – Police
• Pierce County Sheriff’s Department
• Pierce County Department of Emergency Management
And last but not least, I would like to personally thank the women and men of the DUPONT POLICE DEPARTMENT. The officers, civilian staff and volunteers of Team DPD spent countless hours planning and preparing for this event, while still maintaining a proactive public safety response capability – as they do with each community event. The overwhelming show of support from our regional policing partners is a testament to the valuable, and sometimes dangerous, service each of them provide on a 24/7 basis. On behalf of myself and Deputy Chief DeHart, thank you!