Park Shelter & Picnic Area Rentals
All picnic areas and shelters (Park Facilities) and ballfields are available on a first-come, first-served basis; however, they can be rented for private functions or events. Parks can not be rented out for exclusive use, but the rental of a space gives a group the conditional right to use that requested area for a specified date and time.
The most popular requests are for covered picnic areas (shelters). Currently, there are 3 shelters/ pavilions within DuPont available to rent:
- DuPont PowderWorks Park (1775 Bobs Hollow Ln). Can accommodate approx. 50 (up to 75 if extra seating brought)
- Sellers Park/ DuPont Village Park (600 Barksdale Ave) Can accommodate approx. 40 (up to 50)
- Iafrati Park (120 Barksdale Ave). Can accommodate approx. 25
Chief Leschi Park Picnic Tables & Swing Set
Sellers Park Covered Pavilion
Ethel Lumsdon Park Picnic Tables & Playground
Iafrati Park Pavilion & Open Field
The Pavilion at DuPont PowerWorks Park is available for use on a first-come basis; however, you may reserve the pavilion for private or public functions.
Edmond Village Picnic Tables & Playground
Applying For a Reservation
We are in the process of a reservation overall so please be patient while we work out the bugs! To apply for a reservation, please review the Park Facility Use & Reservation Policies and determine whether or not your planned event requires a special event permit. Due to the inability to have an viewable calendar for each location at this time, and the potentiality of requiring certain permits for your event, please contact Sean Randall or DuPont City Hall at least 30 days in advance to be sure your planned date is available for the site you have in mind. All requests must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the planned event date.
You can look at availability and submit an application on our CivicRec website.
All reservation requests and payments are done through our city website on CivicRec. You will need to create an account to view the availability calendar and submit the application and payment. All reservations will have a usage fee. A refundable damage/ cleaning deposit is applied to fields and the Community Center which will be returned as long as the area being rented is left the way it was found when you arrived. It is your responsibility to document if the site is in poor shape when you arrive. Payment can be made by credit or debit card and must be paid within 5 business days prior to the rental or risk forfeiture of the rental. If another payment method is preferred, please contact Sean Randall and other options can be discussed.
Payment for reservations requiring a Special Event Permit
A reservation is not complete and valid until all applicable fees and deposits have been paid for in full. If all fees are not paid for within 5 business days prior to your planned event, your event is at risk to being given to the next group if there is a waiting list for that particular date and area. If you required a Special Event Permit and you have not received a response from the City in regards to your event and an invoice to pay your fees by two weeks prior to your event date, please call.
A waiting list may begin if multiple requests for a particular area are made for the same date and times. There are two outcomes of the waiting list:
- Subsequent applications will be added to a waiting list. If payment hasn't been received within 5 business days prior to the event, the first group will be dropped and the second group will need to pay within 24 hours after notification by phone call and e-mail.
- Or a written agreement between the first two groups agreeing to a back-to-back booking on the requested date with a minimal hour buffer. If either group is on the site outside of their designated rental time, they are at risk of being billed any additional time or have that amount taken out of their deposit.